Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Funny Ha Ha

       I have been very lucky to experience some things in the last few months,that not many get to do,which is to get factory training from multiple competitors. When I first started back last fall with Lawn & Golf, I was sent down to Jacobsen's factory in Charlotte. That was an enlightening experience, with having been to the Toro factory multiple times. Now this past week, I had the opportunity to go to factory training, out in Ohio, for Ventrac. To say, not what I expected, might be an understatement.
       Ventrac has it roots with the old Steiner company. As a matter of fact, I believe that 9 Steiner family members are currently working at Ventrac. In 1988, the Steiner turf division was sold to Ransomes in England, while the Ag division was sold to a group of employees. In 1996, that company was renamed to Venture Products. This is one of those stories, in our business, that is incredibly interesting to me. Not a part of the big 3, but  Ventrac has had double digit sales growth over the last six years and they built a new factory, that  is 3 years old, and they have already outgrown it!
       It is funny to me how a few years ago, when one of the other salesmen and I where both voicing our concerns about the recent increase of Ventrac sales in our area, we were not taken too seriously. After seeing the Ventrac factory and full product line of over 30 attachments and multiple tractors in a demonstration training event, it is funny alright....


Brian Carr of Ventrac on a 30 degree slope!


WJC

No comments:

Post a Comment