Friday, May 4, 2012

Cheesesteaks & Pretzels

       This past week I got a chance to travel with Don Lackner, an engineer with the Toro Company, as we visited customers with an upcoming new product from Toro. (I would tell you but then it wouldn't be a secret...). It was a lot of fun and productive even though we got more rain this week then we have had for a while. Super smart guy and has played a part in some of the best products Toro has today.  
(ProCore 648!). I always enjoy getting to see what the future looks like in turf equipment. I remember when I first saw the original ProCore 648 at one of our training events. First thing I thought was this is too big.It is amazing that some people have that vision to see new products that are so ingenious.
       One of my favorite parts of the travels with people from outside the area is the chance to get them a traditional Philly Cheesesteak & soft pretzel. Sorry for all those people who believe they have had one at their local restaurant but unless it is from around here it is not a Philly Cheesesteak! My personal belief is that is the lovely Philadelphia water that goes into the roll.....Just a theory but I am sticking with it.
       As we start May, Team Matches/GAP Matches and Member/Guest events have begun. With the drought breaker last week of a couple inches and bit of rain this week, things have steadied slightly.
Hopefully the temperatures in May with stay with historical averages and it will be a great year!


WJC

No comments:

Post a Comment