Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Question of ROI

       Throughout a year, there are multiple events, that request the support of the vendors, in the Turf industry, in each market. In a perfect world, you would love to be a Platinum sponsor for every event, but that is not an option. You have multiple monthly Superintendent Association meetings, STMA regional field days & events, add in scholarship tournaments, Club Managers events and then multiple turf grass councils and their regional educational programs. Don't forget advertising in monthly newsletters and even multiple clubs, requesting support of special events.
        The reason I bring this up is, a few weeks ago, I attended the STMA New Jersey event , at Brick Township. They had a strong turnout, did a pass the microphone section to let each vendor introduce themselves and gave the opportunity for a vendor to give a live demonstration to the group. All this in effort to make the vendors feel that they are getting some value for their investment.
I was truly impressed with Rich Watson, President of the New Jersey Sports Turf Managers Association, and how he gets it! In speaking with him briefly, one of the focuses was to make sure the vendors walked away with a positive feeling.

Steve Hesser of Lawn & Golf talking about the Smithco Sand Star Zee

Great turnout for the NJSTMA meeting!


WJC

1 comment:

  1. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Flower Suppliers

    ReplyDelete