Sunday, March 6, 2016

If We Are Not Making Money, We Are Making Change

       To me, one of the legends of the turf business, is Tom Hurst. I feel very lucky to consider Tom one of my mentors and friend. When I got to work with Tom, it was a bunch of years ago, and Philadelphia Turf had picked up Bernhard Grinders. That was where I got the chance to really get to know him. Tom's opinion is something I value. It is an interesting twist that he had spent the majority of his career working at Lawn & Golf.
       Recently, when I spoke with Tom about some changes in personnel and territories that I had made, he had a great line, "If your not making money, your making change." Tom said this was a comment his first boss used to make. It is a great quote.
       Change is never easy, especially when sales are trending in the right direction. It has caused many nights of lost sleep over what is the right thing to do. It absolutely helps to have people whom you consider mentors, who have been through it before and for that I am very grateful!

WJC

No comments:

Post a Comment