Sunday, October 12, 2014

Jedi Knight No More

       In early 2008, I was lucky enough to win the Toro Master Salesman award. This award is given each year, in the commercial division, to one winner. Your wife is flown into town to surprise you when they announce the winner. To me it is the biggest accomplishment of my professional career! Over the years, I watched men win, who were well respected by everyone, earn the coveted Master Salesman Ring. It is a big deal to get the gold ruby ring and gold business cards that come with the award. It is something you can only win once. Some customers and other Reps have referred to winning the master salesman award as being a Jedi Knight.
       So this Friday was the last time I will wear my ring. Friday I resigned from my position as the sales representative here in Philadelphia . While there were many variables involved, in the end I took advantage of an opportunity to work for  the Jacobsen Distributor, that has been in the business since 1937. What is even more interesting is the gentleman, who started  Lawn & Golf Supply Company, began by working for Philadelphia Toro, owned by T. L. Gustin. He was the grandfather of the Frank Shuman, who I worked for until Philadelphia Turf (was changed from Toro to Turf )was sold in 2007. Small world!
       Over the years, I have had the chance to work with some incredible people in the business. Any success that I achieved were always because of the people who worked in parts, service & inside sales . I can never say thank you enough. While I thought that I would make a run at Barney McFadden's 42 year career, it just wasn't in the cards, but just under 23 years isn't bad....
   
 Now it is on to the next chapter in my career!


WJC

No comments:

Post a Comment