Friday, October 17, 2014

WHY?

       I must say this past week was pretty eventful with the reaction of past co-workers, other industry friends and customers, as the news slowly made it's way out of my leaving my old employer to join Lawn & Golf Supply Company. Obviously, there were some of my close friends, who were aware of my frustrations with some things I was dealing with, but hopefully, for the most part, I think I had kept it professional in how I did my job. When all the orders are delivered in the next two months, I will still end with one of my best sales years yet.
       I was really touched by some of the comments I received. It was nice to have multiple customers call me to make sure I was OK. Even today, I got a very complimentary text, from someone I have the ultimate respect for at another Toro Distributor, that made me appreciate the friends I have made in my career. The one theme that came from most who knew me was that no one ever saw me leaving my position.
       Do I feel some guilt... sure, but only in regards to taking care the people I call on. I have always sold to customers with the understanding that I would be there to resolve any issues. While it was never me with a wrench fixing something (we all know we don't want that), it was about being able to steer the process through parts or service that made things just go easier.
       When someone asks "Why?" My honest answer is that it was time for a change. I am excited about the direction of Lawn & Golf that was discussed with me during conversations about this possible move. In the end, it comes down to what is best for my family and myself and this was it.


WJC

No comments:

Post a Comment