Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ask The Expert?

       For the first time that I can recall in my career, I was introduced as an expert. The interview that I did with Tony Leodora, from the Saturday morning radio show was played here in Philadelphia yesterday. The topic was innovations in golf course maintenance in the last 20 years.
It was interesting to hear myself and see where I probably should have said something else then I stated but all in all not bad. I had sent out an email to some friends and family about it being on. On Superintendent said he looked forward to the ammunition but afterward said "hard to believe....but you did good". I will take it. The other funny line was I thought you would yell Babba Booey at the end of your interview.
      I am greatly appreciative to the Philadelphia Area Golf Course Superintendents Association for  giving me the opportunity, especially Jim Lyngh who is the media liaison on the Board of Directors. Jim said when the topic came up at their board meeting, I thought you would be a great choice. (Thanks Jim!)
      This was about a nine minute segment. What is pretty incredible is to think about all the changes over the years and not just in equipment that I did not have time to bring up.

       So when I run into you on the show floor at the GIS, no autographs please.... :-)

http://golftalklive.net/golfradio.aspx
The interview is at the 43 minute mark.

WJC

No comments:

Post a Comment