Wednesday, January 2, 2013

How Are Your Fundamentals?

       Here in Philadelphia, it seems the only thing going on is that Andy Reid has been fired by the Eagles. Now as someone who has followed the team my whole life, it was time for a change...
The interesting thing to me is the whole dynamic of why he lost his job and team. Driving around I spend a bunch of time listening to all sorts of music and talk radio. Once in a great while you hear a point that sticks with you. Someone made the point that everything started to change when the Eagles got away from the fundamentals of their success and brought in a big name free agent (T.O!) to try and push them over the top. Instead of building through the draft they went down the road of signing high ticket free agents.
       Why the football talk? Well I think it is more about what are your fundamentals. I have traditionally spent some of the down time over the holidays re-evaluating how I do my job and how I can do it better. For me I am planning on going back to some of the things that I had always done but had gotten away from as the years have past.
       What are the fundamentals of your success? Have you gone away from what got you where you are today? obviously all our jobs evolve over time but is it for the best? Can you get out on the course or in the field more? I know for me, the Andy Reid firing is a message that carries beyond the world of the NFL. Don't forget your fundamentals.....

Hope you and your family had an excellent Holiday Season!

WJC

No comments:

Post a Comment